Poker is a very enchanting game, with a lot of planning and guessing and bluffing. Winning money and fun are the main reasons for playing poker online. One has to learn the basics of the game and lingo. It is a game of chance and observation and alertness. One has to avoid this when tired or lack of concentration. Better to avoid alcohol while playing as the thinking power and strategy will be affected.
One has to know and be familiar with the lingo such as royal flush, straight flush, flush, pair, two-pair, four of a kind, full house, three of a kind, high card etc. There are plenty of online casino game and training sites available online like allnetentcasinos.com. Some sites showcase videos from famous poker tournaments at various stakes level. Because the strategies in the game changes so rapidly, online videos from poker games are considered one of the best ways to learn the game in a faster way.
Some important things to know and memorise: Poker and its variations:
The hand ranks in descending order are, Royal Flush, Straight flush, Four of a kind, Full House, Flush, Straight, Three of a kind, Two pairs, One Pair and High Hand. Memorising these rankings fetches a lot.
In the diagram, dealer, small blind and big blind positions are mentioned. The bet amount by small blind will be fixed before the start of the game. The big blind bet money is double to small blind’s bet amount, which is the minimum bet amount for all players.
First turn will be by the player to the left of the big blind who is called under the gun. Everyone will be distributed two cards. After seeing their cards, decide whether to play or drop. The under gun will have four options. 1. S/he can call or match his bet with big blind’s bet.2. S/he can raise, that means he can bet more than Big Blind’s bet.3. S/he can call in, that means he can bet all his chips.4. S/he can fold. That is to put the cards upside down. The terms hijack and cut off denote the positions of the players.
All chips will be potted after the first round. The dealer opens three cards which is called flop. In the second round, each player has three options.
- Check, which is. passing the game to the next player without playing.
- Bet which is betting with the value of chips of the big blind.
- Fold, which is not to play and close the cards upside down.
The dealer opens the fourth card which is called as the turn.Next round of play starts. Turning of the fifth card by the dealer is called river.
For the beginners:
- Know the prime card hands and their rankings by studying the cheat sheet.
- Download online poker software.
- There are many types of poker games available online. Each version has some betting, hand values and bluffing. E.g. Texas Hold’em
- Finding the best poker online site.it is not difficult but needs keen observation and scrutiny.Some poker sites offer more variations of poker (such as PLO, Seven-Card Stud, Five-Card Stud, Lowball) while others are limited to Hold’em.
- Select the sites with high bonuses.
- Learn to deposit into and withdraw money from a poker site. PayPal, e- transfer etc.
- Plenty of sites online offer guidelines to beginners. Memorise poker hand rankings/ values.
- Using online tools such as which hand wins calculator or poker odds calculator helps the beginners till they master the game. Most online sites have a beginner’s table to play. It keeps the experts away. Better to track one’s results.
- As the play progresses, the best hand changes. Each player has 2 cards in hand and 5 on the table. Everyone tries to make the best 5 cards set.
- Watch some games on the internet before jumping into the game at com/.