The game of Poker has several variants, and all are exciting. The popularity of this game keeps on increasing as time passes by. Spectators and players develop a unique vocabulary to describe hand rankings and others. They even have different hand nicknames that improve the enjoyment of the game. A new Poker player will find it overwhelming, but it is easy to be familiar with the standard hands.
- American Airlines – Double aces or AA is also the familiar symbol for American Airlines.
- Batteries – This nickname comes from the double-A cells.
- Flying Nazis – The A’s resemble airplanes, and aces are successful pilots. Nazis had a thriving squadron of flying aces.
- Pocket Rockets – Aces look like rockets, and these pairs are pocket cards.
- Teepees – Double Aces look like the peaks of Native American Indian teepees.
- Anna Kournikova – This is because of the initials of the famous tennis star. It also looks excellent but rarely wins.
- King Arthur – You can also hold it as KA, which is the initials of the legendary King of Camelot.
- Antony & Cleopatra – It came from the initials of the lovers Marc Antony and Queen Cleopatra.
- Rocket Queen – The Ace looks like a rocket. It also came from one of the songs of Guns and Roses.
- Armani Jeans or Apple Jacks – They share the same initials.
- Foamy Cleanser – This comes from the association with the cleaning product, Ajax.
- Johnny Moss – This Poker player started his career at the age of ten.
- Bookends – Each of them are part of the end of the highest Poker straight.
- Rounders Hand – This nickname became famous because of the movie Rounders.
- Jesus or Chris Ferguson – He won the final hand of the 2000 WSOP with he A-9 pair.
- Dead Man’s Hand – The famous gunfighter and lawman, Wild Bill Hickok, was holding on to this pair during his murder. The holder is also likely “dead” in the game.
- Ace Magnets – A pair of Aces is the only set that can beat this pair.
- King Kong – The nickname came from the initials of the famous movie ape. It is also considered a big, steady hand.
- Marriage – A King and a Queen always have this union.
- Kojak – This nickname is because of the phonetic similarity to the TV detective.
- Dog – The nickname comes from the word canine.
- Bitches – This is a derogatory nickname for two women.
- Maverick – The nickname came from a famous western show of the same name. The theme song mentions living on jacks and queens.
- Queen Liz – This one is a reference to Queen Elizabeth the Second.
A skilled PokerGalaxy player needs a strong understanding of what hands can lead to victory. Knowing the nicknames of several hands will help you a lot.